KARACHI: Pakistan’s former Serbian football coach Zavisa Milosavljevic has not been released despite being removed after his team lost their friendly against Afghanistan in Kabul on August 20.
Sources told ‘The News’ on Friday that the PFF was going to do with Zavisa what they had done with the former Pakistan’s Austrian coach George Kottan a few years ago.
Zavisa’s contract will expire in the first week of November and the PFF will have to clear all his dues because he had signed a strong contract with the federation.
Sources close to the Serbian said that Zavisa is also disturbed because he has been spending idle time at the FIFA Football House in the Punjab capital since his removal last month.
When quizzed the PFF secretary Col Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi told this correspondent on Friday that they would try to dispose off his matter soon. He said that the PFF was considering making Zavisa part of the coaching staff of the Pakistan Under-19 team for the AFC Under-19 Championship Qualifiers to be held in Iraq in October.
“We are thinking about inserting him in the coaching staff of the Under-19 team,” Lodhi said.
Zavisa was expected to be part of the Pakistan team for the SAFF Cup, but the PFF took a strange decision and sacked not only Zavisa but also the goalkeeping coach Aslam Khan. This harmed Pakistan a lot in the eight-nation event that Afghanistan won ultimately.
Mohamed Shamlan of Bahrain, who acted as a consultant during the SAFF Cup, is also staying at FIFA Football House.
from: The News