Pakistan, Lahore, Saturday, May 04, 2013
The entire Pakistan national sports fraternity was today upset by the sad demise of Qari Anwar-ul-Haq, former Secretary District Football Association, Bahawalpur who died after a long illness on Saturday morning. He was 60. From officials to sports fans, from journalists to sport lovers, all are grieved at this devastating news.
According to the press release issued here by Pakistan Football Federation (PFF), President PFF, Makhdoom Syed Faisal Saleh Hayat in his condolence message said that he was deeply shocked on the sad demise of Qari Anwar-ul-Haq. He will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Qari Anwar-ul-Haq was such a kind person, who will be greatly missed by all who knew him. The loss to the sport is irreparable, and it will be very difficult to fill the vacuity created by the passing away of such a great person of Bahwalpur at this moment.
Secretary General PFF, Lt. Col. ® Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi T1 (M) also said “I am deeply shocked on the sad demise of Qari Anwar-ul-Haq. I wish to express my deep sorrow, and sincerely sympathize with his family in this bereaved moment.”
He served Bahawalpur Divisional Team from 1978 to 1982. He was a remarkable player. He was actively involved in sports till his death.
1. Captain Bahwalpur Football Team (1980-82)
2. Secretary of Division, Bahawalpur since 10 Years
3. Organising Secretary of All Pakistan Football Tournaments (1982 – 2013)
4. Member of Punjab Football Association since 10 Years.
5. Veteran Chief – Referee Association of Bahawalpur since 20 years.
6. Recently Retired as Assistant Vice President of Habib Bank.