[Source: Riaz Ahmed, veteran football journalist]
Under the auspices of Karachi United Foundation, the 6th Karachi United School Championship 2010 qualifying round will be taking place on 27th and 28th November 2010 at Baloch Mujahid Stadium in Ibrahim Hyderi, Karachi. 16 teams will take part in single-round knock out qualifiers where the 8 winning teams will be joined by 8 quarter finalists from last year’s KU School Championship in the final round.
Defending champs Lyceum School, who won the 5th Karachi United School Championship in April 2009 under coach Arshad Jamal after beating previous unbeaten 4 time winners Karachi Grammar School 4-3 in the final, will look to give a strong performance this year as well. According to tournament organising secretary Riaz Ahmed, a total of 8 matches will be played on 27-28 November with 4 games each day.
The schedule of the qualifying round is as follows:
6TH KARACHI UNITED SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP 2010
Venue: Baloch Mujahid Stadium – Ibrahim Hydri
SCHEDULE (KNOCK OUT)
1. 27-Nov-10 8:00 Southshore – British Overseas School
2. 27-Nov-10 9:30 Beaconhouse PECHS – Beaconhouse Nazimabad
3. 27-Nov-10 11:00 BVS Parsi High School – The Fahims School System
4. 27-Nov-10 12:30 Civilization Public School-Progressive Public School
5. 28-Nov-10 8:00 DA Public School – COMMECS Institute
6. 28-Nov-10 9:30 Aga Khan Higher Secondary School-Army Public School
7. 28-Nov-10 11:00 St. Patrick’s High School-City School – Gulshan
8. 28-Nov-10 12:30 City School – Darakhshan -City School – North Nazimabad
Final Round will be played on 18.12.2010