The Zesh Rehman Foundation Pilot Programme is now complete and is ready to kick off. The programme begins on September the 29th at Hill Top Primary School in Bradford. (Common Road, Low Moor, Bradford. BD12 OTL)
•Its a ten week programme called “primary kickabout”
•The initiative will oversee 20 year and 5 and 6 students participating in ten 90 minute sessions, helping kids to hone their talent on the pitch, get fit and have fun.
•The initiative will be the first of many for the Zesh Rehman Foundation.
•the programme will begin at 330. Press are invited from 315 onwards. The session will be complete at 5.
Talking about the initiative Zesh said;
“This programme means a lot to me because its hopefully the beginning of helping to make a positive difference to these kids lives. Football is the perfect vehicle to bring people and communities together and celebrate our differences but most importantly learn to respect one another”
Hill Top Primary school Head Teacher, Des Martin said: “We are really excited at the prospect of working with The Zesh Rehman Foundation. We fully subscribe to the Foundation’s underlying principle that sport and in particular football should be accessible to all, irrespective of background. Inclusion, opportunity and challenge are embedded in the ethos at Hill Top and working with Zesh reinforces our ethos that ‘every child matters’. It has generated a sense of excitement across children, staff and parents”
Riz Rehman, Zesh’s brother and former Brentford FC footballer has offered his services as a coach for the Programme at Hilltop Primary.
Riz said: “we will give kids from all backgrounds -both boys and girls- the chance to learn fundamentals of the game both Zesh and I have grown up to love. With ten sessions kids have the chance to study ball control, shooting, dribbling etc and in the process get fit and healthy.
“Football is a great way for the kids to learn team-work and goal setting skills and in the process they will feel confident and good about themselves.
NOTES TO THE EDITOR:
▪ Zesh Rehman is the first British Asian to start a Premier League match and also the first to have played in all four divisions of professional football in England
▪ He also plays for the Pakistan National Football Team and was the first Pakistani international footballer to play professional football in England
▪The Zesh Rehman Foundation was launched in May 2010 to:
“Use football as a vehicle for personal self development and equip young people regardless of ethnicity and background to aspire to enter the football industry”
1) To promote self development using principles of football via practical and theoretical workshops
2)Encourage peer mentoring between young people engaging in dialogue and sport activity, reducing the risk of anti-social behaviour
3) Encourage and develop projects that promote football as a pathway for community cohesion, working across all ethnicities, cultures and backgrounds.
For more information on Zesh visit:
▪ Zesh Rehman Foundation website : http://www.zeshrehmanfoundation.org
▪ Zesh Rehman website: http://www.zeshrehman.com
For any enquiries please Contact:
Riz Rehman on (44) 07790955332
Please confirm your interest sooner rather than later.